|Mon Sep 15|
Year 7 CAT Tests
|Tue Sep 16|
Year 7 CAT Tests
|Thu Sep 18|
Year 11 English Literature Mock Exam
|Thu Sep 18 @18:30 - 21:00|
|Fri Sep 19|
INSET day (school closed to students)
|Wed Sep 24|
Year 10 PSD Trip
|Wed Sep 24|
Year 11 GCSE Art/Photography Trip
|Thu Sep 25|
All Years School Photographs
|Fri Oct 03|
Year 11 Geography Trip
|Wed Oct 08 @19:00 - |
The Local Offer provides information about how the school establishes and supports students who have additional needs. Please click here for details.
Friends of Priory
Parent Voice Group
Our Open Evening for prospective parents is on Thursday 18th September - see below for details!
Priory is a leading school in East Sussex with Arts, Language and Science College status, rated "Outstanding" by OFSTED and consistently oversubscribed. We are an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school situated in the County Town of Lewes, with approximately 1150 students on roll. The school aims to reflect the uniqueness of Lewes, historically and socially. Given our strong association with the author of natural justice, Tom Paine, it is our vision to build upon the concepts of freedom, democracy and justice. You can see our awards here, read our full Vision and Mission Statement here, and see a summary of our last 5 years' examination results here.
Mr A. Smith
Click here for the main Staff Directory. Further information about how to contact staff is available under School Info > Staff above. If students wish to contact staff (e.g. to submit homework) they should use their school email (via the Students icon in the External Access box).
County Council Proposed Changes to Bus Services
The County Council want to change some bus services because it doesn’t have as much money as it used to. Most bus services in East Sussex are run by bus companies without money from East Sussex County Council (about 80%). East Sussex County Council pay bus companies to provide the other 20%. This is called the supported bus network.
There is now less money available to spend on these supported bus services.
The County Council have looked at who needs to use bus services and when they need to use them :
• children need buses to get to school or college
• people need buses to travel to work
• people need buses to get to services like doctors, supermarkets and banks at least twice a week
The County Council think people can still do these things even if some buses make less journeys each day or week.
The County Council is also considering charging 30% more for each bus journey. For example a child bus fare that is now £1.00 will cost about £1.30.
The Council want to hear what young people have to say about these proposals - they can give their views via the young people’s survey : https://consultation.eastsussex.gov.uk/economy-transport-environment/d7878c5e
Family Information Evenings
We recently shared important information for families (parents and students) during these evenings. The presentations given are available for download below :
The e-safety resources described at the Year 7 evening are available above under Help and Support > E-Safety and Security or by clicking here
Station Street Closure
East Sussex County Council have announced a 5-week closure of Station Street, Lewes to allow roadworks to take place. Please read the leaflet here.
People to People 2014
Friends of Priory would like to thank all those involved in the People to People programme in July. The students had a wonderful experience in Lewes and Sussex, many new friendships were formed and the programme raised much needed income for the school. Please see the feedback and letter.
Excellent GCSE Results!
All at Priory are absolutely delighted by another set of excellent examination results. 2014 has seen the students achieve a fantastic set of grades as well as many making impressive progress over their time here.
Our results are testimony to the hard work of students and staff and the school’s high aspirations for every student. We are grateful for the support provided by parents to ensure that we all work towards a common goal. 84% achieved A*-C in English and 74% in Mathematics, with 68% achieving 5+ A*-C including both English and Mathematics. Nearly a third of the students achieved 5 or more subjects at A* and A grade.
Headteacher Tony Smith commented :
“We are incredibly proud of these results which are a great testament to the hard work and dedication of the students, staff and parents who have put in so much this year. In addition to the examination results we are impressed by the character, confidence and maturity our students have developed in their time as part of Priory School. We wish all our students well for the future.”
You can download a summary of the school's performance here.
In the lead this week :